Thursday, December 15, 2016
News Round-Up: December 15, 2016
Some news items you may have missed:
• "Cause we need a little Christmas, right this very minute..." via Randy Report fave, Alexander Abramov.
• Could New Zealand approve same-sex marriage before super-gay Australia? Maybe.
• Interesting article from the Indy Star on the closings of gay bars across the country. The writer points to the popularity of gay dating apps as well as the growth in tolerance for LGBTs as causes for the decline of gay watering holes.
• Russian President Vladimir Putin denies he had anything to do with cyber-hacking the DNC during the U.S. presidential race. What a surprise.
• A Louisiana judge has struck down Governor John Bel Edwards’ executive order protecting LGBTQ state workers and contractors from discrimination.
• After 8 years of forward movement for LGBT rights in the U.S., leaders of the movement are preparing to shift back to a defensive stance with the incoming Trump administration.
• Just hours after Vanity Fair gave the Trump Grill a bad review, Donald Trump tweeted an attack on the magazine and it's editor. This is really how it's going to be for the next four years?