A federal judge has issued a temporary restraining order from enforcing President Trump's executive order banning immigration from 7 Muslim-majority countries.
From USA Today:
U.S. District Judge James Robart of Seattle on Friday issued a nationwide restraining order blocking the travel ban put in place by President Trump last week, KOMO news reported.
Trump's ban, created through an executive order, sought to block people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the United States.
In issuing his decision, Robart was siding with Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, who filed a suit to block key provisions of the president's executive order, which also bars Syrian refugees from entering the country.
Outside the courthouse where Judge Robart had issued his ruling, Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson told reporters, “The decision shuts down the executive order immediately."
That said, the executive order issued last week caused travel visas to be voided. So folks in those 7 countries would have to go back to their consulates in their countries to request new visas.
So, I don't see this affecting anything soon. The Trump administration will undoubtedly run to an appeals court to have the restraining order struck down.
Stay tuned - developing story...