Sunday, August 7, 2016
ABC News/Washington Post Poll: Hillary Clinton Opens 8 Point Lead Over Trump
Good news for Hillary Clinton in the new ABC News/Washington Post poll which shows the former Secretary of State opening up an 8 point lead (50% vs. 42%) over Republican billionaire Donald Trump.
Clinton's biggest gains have come from college educated white females where she's surged from 45% to 57%.
The survey also reveals many of Trump's negatives with the voting public:
• 79% say Trump doesn't show enough respect for those he disagrees with
• 70% express anxiety of a Trump presidency
• 67% say Trump lacks the temperament to be president
• 64% have doubts about his understanding of world affairs
• 62% say he's not honest
• 60% believe he's biased against women and minorities
The 8 point lead holds even when factoring Libertarian and Green Party candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein - 45% / 37% / 8% / 4%.
Posted by Randy Slovacek at 8:15 AM