Fox Business has announced only 7 of the current GOP contenders for the Republican presidential nomination will take the stage this Thursday night.
Sen. Rand Paul did not make the cut, being relegated to an earlier "undercard" debate with Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee.
Paul says he won't attend the undercard debate.
In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Monday, Paul said he would boycott the Fox Business debate and called the network's decision a "mistake."
"It's a mistake because the thing is we actually have been in the top five or six in most of the recent polls. In fact, last week in a national poll we were just one point out of fourth place. So I think it's a mistake to try to exclude me from the national debate," he said.
"I won't participate in anything that's not first tier because we have a first tier campaign," the Kentucky senator told Blitzer.