Yesterday, I posted about the "firing" of Bryan Fischer by the SPLC-certified hate group, American Family Association.
It seems the "firing" was more a transparent strategy to distance itself from the hateful rhetoric of Mr. Fischer; however, while he is stripped of his former title, he continues to host the organizations daily radio show and write for the AFA blog.
Ergo, he is still part of the organization.
Today, in a letter to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the AFA presented a laundry list of claims by their radio host Bryan Fischer and demanded that such bile-bearing hate speech not be attributed to their organization in the future.
The American Family Association's list:
• AFA rejects the idea expressed by Bryan Fischer that "Free exercise of religion" only applies to Christians. Consequently, AFA rejects Bryan's assertions that Muslims should not be granted permits to build mosques in the United States;
• AFA rejects the ideas expressed by Bryan Fischer that the violent expulsion of Native Americans was divinely ordained and that, "Superstition, savagery and sexual immorality" morally disqualified Native Americans from "sovereign control of American soil."
• AFA rejects the ideas expressed by Bryan Fischer that "we" need to clamp down on immigration because Hispanics are socialist by nature and vote Democratic because it allows them to "benefit from the plunder of the wealth of the United States."
• AFA rejects Bryan Fischer's characterization of minorities as "people who rut like rabbits."
• AFA rejects the statement by Bryan Fischer that, "Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and six million dead Jews."
• AFA rejects the policy advocated by Bryan Fischer that homosexual conduct should be illegal.
• AFA rejects the notion advocated by Bryan Fischer that, "We need an underground railroad to protect innocent children from same-sex households."
• AFA rejects Bryan Fischer's statement that, "If Hillary Clinton becomes president In 2016, she will not only be our first female president, she could be our first lesbian president."
In light of this notice, do not continue to charge AFA with the statements by Bryan Fischer that we have repudiated. When identifying "hate groups" in the context of training military or law enforcement personnel, do not put AFA in a false light by quoting Mr. Fischer's statements that we have repudiated.
The SPLC responded in this manner:
Without ending Mr. Fischer’s talk show, without apologizing for the bigoted statements that he, Mr. Wildmon, and others associated with the AFA have made, and without making it crystal clear that the AFA will not tolerate any such statements in the future, the AFA’s 11th-hour disavowal of Mr. Fischer appears to serve only one purpose: to give the AFA a degree of plausible deniability while it continues to spew hateful rhetoric. It’s a shell game and a transparent one at that.
However, after the years of hate speech by Fischer, I'm more inclined to think along the lines of my friend Joe Jervis at JoeMyGod:
To the AFA's request we say FUCK THAT. Bryan Fischer is paid by the AFA, his office is staffed by the AFA, and his vile words are broadcast nationwide every motherfucking day by the AFA. As long at that continues to be the case, the American Family Association OWNS every fucking word that Bryan Fisher spews.