Sunday, January 29, 2012

Melbourne and the Shrine of Remembrance

Recently while in Melbourne, Australia, Michael and I went on a walk with Olivia Newton-John as she showed us one of her favorite parks in Melbourne - the Royal Botanic Gardens - and the view of Melbourne from the Shrine of Remembrance.

Gorgeous botanic gardens, and the Shrine is amazing.  One the most recognizable monuments in Melbourne, it's dedicated not only to the Australian soldiers of WWI, but also to the Australians who stayed behind but supported their troops.  Amazing view of Melbourne from the top of the Shrine. (As always, click on any pic for a larger view).

Michael and I at the Shrine of Remembrance

Michael and I at the Shrine of Remembrance

Olivia and I with the city of Melbourne in the background

Michael and I with Melbourne behind us
Site Meter