Some news items you may have missed:
• World famous model and actor Tyson Beckford returns to Chippendales tonight as the iconic male revue's first "Celeb in Residency" in Las Vegas. And he looks ready :)
• Will former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney run for Orrin Hatch's Senate seat next year?
• After denying SCOTUS nominee Judge Merrick Garland any consideration for almost a year, Senate Republicans confirmed Judge Neil Gorsuch to the high court by a vote of 54-45 after utilizing the "nuclear option."
• Nebraska Supreme Court strikes down longtime ban on gay/lesbian foster parents.
• New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has signed legislation that bans the use on minors of so-called "conversion therapy" which purports to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. Currently, six other states have banned ex-gay torture: California, Illinois, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont.
• Virulently anti-LGBT Republican Gov. Robert Bentley is asking folks who are shining a spotlight on his alleged adulterous affair with a staffer to "please stop now." In a press conference he announced that although he's "struggled" in the past with temptations, he gave himself completely to God last year, so - all good.