|Fitness model Dmitry Averyanov|
Some news items you may have missed:
• Fitness model Dmitry Averyanov (above) wishes you a Happy Friday!
• This year's Oscar-winning "Best Picture" Moonlight is playing out to more than 1,500 theaters this weekend, the widest distribution the indie flick has seen. In 20 weeks of release, the gorgeous, coming-of-age film has grossed about $22 million at the domestic box office.
• This out Asian man says he only dates white guys because they are "the gold standard of desirability." I find him "the gold standard of icky." It won't surprise you to find that, armed with that outlook, he hasn't found his soul mate yet...
• The suspect in the Key West hate crime against two gay men thinks he can avoid extradition from North Carolina. Umm, he was identified using a rented scooter with his drivers license. You're going down pal.
• Texas Republicans are fighting to deny married same-sex couples the employment benefits extended to heterosexual married couples in Houston. Here's a hint to a verdict: SCOTUS' Obergefell ruling guarantees that all marriages be treated equally. All.
• The two accountants responsible for the red envelope mix up for "Best Picture" at this year's Academy Awards have been booted from working the event in the future.
• Ellen DeGeneres, Lady Gaga and Pharrell are taking part in "The Love Project" for Revlon. The cosmetics company has committed $1 million to charities like The Born This Way Foundation, The Trevor Project, From One Hand to AnOTHER and The Women’s Heart Alliance. Watch the spot that ran during the Academy Awards below: