Some news items you may have missed:
• This 22 year St. Louis police veteran (above) was told to "tone down" his "gayness" if he ever wanted to get promoted, despite placing 3rd out of 26 in promotion tests.
• Lady Gaga joined over 140 celebrities in denouncing Texas' anti-transgender "bathroom bill."
• Donald Trump's second pick for National Security Adviser (now that Michael Flynn has resigned) has said "no, thank you" to the offer. According to reports, retired Vice Admiral Robert Harward turned down the chance citing "chaos" in the White House, labeling the offer as a “shit sandwich.”
• Finland's Parliament rejects a citizen's initiative to repeal marriage equality by a vote of 120 to 48. Hurray for the good guys!
• Donald Trump heads to Mar-a-Lago again this weekend. His three trips to his southern home have thus far cost the American people almost $10 million. Guarding Trump Tower in NYC could cost $183 million a year.
• Spend a few minutes inside the trials and tribulations of transgender folks in this short film, "Headspace," by Jake Graf. Watch below: