Sunday, January 8, 2017
Podcast: Texas "Bathroom Bill," Ellen Boots Burrell For Anti-LGBT Sermon, Vivica Fox Says "No Homo" At Her Strip Club
2017 has begun - what stories are already impacting the LGBT community?
Check out the week's biggest stories in LGBT news via this week's podcast, including:
• Texas Republican lawmakers are looking to pass their own anti-transgender "bathroom bill" despite watching the economic carnage that resulted thanks to similar legislation in North Carolina.
• Ellen DeGeneres booted Kim Burrell from her show's guest list after the singer went on an anti-LGBT sermon. Ellen then discussed the rant with Burrell's duet partner Pharrell (who appeared solo) on the air.
• The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation commits up to $140 million to help develop a device to deliver a steady stream of HIV medication to healthy patients (PrEP) over an extended period of time.
• IBM Corp. has released a new rainbow-colored logo in support of the LGBT community.
• LGBTQ Nation names professional provocateur and Breitbart 'alt-right' personality, Milo Yiannopoulos, its 2016 Person of the Year.
• Vivica Fox says it's strictly "no homo" for gays at her upcoming Las Vegas male revue.
• Plus, this weekend: the premiere of the new Debbie Reynolds/Carrie Fisher HBO documentary Bright Lights; and the boozy, buzzworthy wild child of Hollywood award shows, The Golden Globes.
Posted by Randy Slovacek at 9:14 AM