Thursday, June 16, 2016
News Round-Up: June 16, 2016
Some news stories you may have missed:
• Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS will donate $150,000 to aid the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting.
• Former President Bill Clinton says more would have died in the Orlando nightclub shooting if they had been armed. Gee, alcohol + fear + dark nightclub + guns shooting into the dark - what could possibly go wrong?
• Donald Trump now says he plans to talk to the NRA about blocking folks on the "No-Fly" list from being able to purchase guns. Glad to see he's taking Hillary Clinton's advice.
• Billionaire Mark Cuban, longtime LGBT ally, is donating $1 million to help fund added security measures for Dallas’ LGBT community. Hmm, where's the donation from our "good friend" Donald Trump?
• Vanity Fair takes a broad look at the current state of the presidential race, and for now, it's looking very good for Hillary.
• Broadway blockbuster Wicked will hit the silver screen December 20, 2019. How's that for planning?
• Two active-duty Marines are under investigation after posting a photo to a closed Facebook grouop for Marines that read “Coming to a gay bar near you!” showing a corporal in uniform holding a rifle with his finger near the trigger.