From the Human Rights Campaign:
There is so much at stake for the LGBTQ community in the 2016 presidential election. Think of all the progress we’ve made under President Obama’s leadership and what could be rolled back, including:
• Historic support from the Administration for nationwide marriage equality,
• The end of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,”
• Non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ employees of federal contractors,
• Landmark hate crimes legislation,
• Greater visibility for transgender people,
• President Obama’s call for an end to abusive practice of “conversion therapy,”
• The Administration’s support for LGBTQ students,
• Support for HIV prevention and affordable treatment.
This election year, everything we've fought for is on the line. Donald Trump has spewed vitriol about marriage equality, people of color, women, immigrants and more.
In the words of Hillary Clinton, "Cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls."