Thursday, January 7, 2016
News Round-Up: January 7, 2016
Some news items you may have missed:
• Caitlyn Jenner on being a spokesperson for the transgender community: “The media has kind of labeled me as the spokesperson for the trans community. That is not the case. I am only a spokesperson for my own journey. After that, I know nothing. Am I learning a lot? Absolutely. I’m just trying to do my best, that’s all.”
• Did GOP White House hopeful Marco Rubio use his influence as an elected official in Florida to get his brother-in-law a real estate license after being convicted on $15 million cocaine bust?
• Looks like North Korea may have just tested an H-Bomb.
• President Obama says the NRA used to support expanded background checks for gun buyers. And PolitiFact says he's right.
• A court in China has agreed to take up a lawsuit for same-sex marriage rights.
• Adam Lambert is the "Top Earning" American Idol alum for 2015. Guess who he beat out?
• Federal prosecutors have "grave concerns" over Alabama State Chief Justice Roy Moore's attempt to stop marriage equality in the state.
• Sen. Rand Paul says fellow GOP White House hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz is definitely qualified to be Prime Minister of Canada.
• And finally, did you catch current "hottest boy band" 5 Seconds Of Summer cover Rolling Stones Magazine in the buff?