Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Illinois: Free "Rock the March" concert to kick off March on Springfield for Marriage Equality
Nationally prominent performers with Illinois roots will kick off the "March on Springfield for Marriage Equality" on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with a free one-hour concert live near the steps of the Illinois State Capitol. The diverse entertainment bill includes reality TV stars from "The Voice," "American Idol," and "America's Got Talent;" a national poetry slam winner; a world champion & MVP quarterback who is also a pre-Grammy nominee; and a 2013 Trans 100 honoree fighting violence against transgender people.
In addition to LGBT Choral groups, headlining performers will be:
* Sandra Antongiorgi - World, Latin, neo-soul singer, songwriter & painter
* C.C. Carter - author, activist, teacher and performance poet
* De'Borah - singer, song-writer and star of "The Voice"
* Steve Grand - "All American Boy" singer, song-writer and YouTube sensation
* Sami Grisafe - all-star MVP quarterback and award-winning singer-songwriter
* Kokumo - African-American transgender woman, singer, writer & performer
* Stephen Leonard - Out rock powerhouse singer & song-writer
* Marcus Terell & the Serenades - singer, performer and star of "American Idol", "America's Got Talent" & "Making The Band"
The concert will begin at noon on October 22, 2013, at the March on Springfield stage in front of the Illinois State Capitol on 2nd Street.
The marriage equality rally will immediately follow the concert, with a march around the State Capitol starting at 2:30 pm. There is no cost to attend and members of the public are welcome.
For more information, visit www.marchonspringfield.org
Via press release
Posted by Randy Slovacek at 11:15 AM