Tuesday, May 10, 2016
News Round-Up: May 10, 2016
Some news items you may have missed:
• GLEE star Darren Criss will reprise his transgender rocker role in the national tour of the Tony Award-winning Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
• "Progressive Dream Ticket?" - Could Hillary Clinton pick Sen. Elizabeth Warren as her running mate?
• The Washington Blade endorses Hillary Clinton for president - "The LGBT community cannot risk a Trump presidency."
• Newly "officially out" Colton Haynes says he will return to the CW's ARROW next season.
• Why does this Pennsylvania high school care if a girl wants to wear a suit to her prom?
• The California Assembly passes two LGBT related bills - one bans state business travel to states with discriminatory laws, and another which calls for gender-neutral bathrooms in California.
• The woman who verbally and physically abused a trans woman on a NYC subway refuses to apologize for her vitriolic attack: "That person offended me."
• Blogger kenneth in the (212) has excellent taste in police officers - see below.
Posted by Randy Slovacek at 11:27 AM